LC reserves the right to change and/or modify these Terms and the services we offer at our discretion, without notice, and at any time, by posting such changes and/or modifications to the web site. All changes and/or modifications will be take effect immediately upon posting.
All material changes and/or modifications will apply prospectively and, by continuing to use or access LC, you agree to any modifications to these Terms.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on LC, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (“IP content”), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with LC (“IP License”). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you post content or information, it means that anyone, including people off of LC, may have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it.
We do our best to keep LC safe, but we cannot guarantee it. To help us keep LC safe, you agree to the following Terms:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on LC.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access LC, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on LC.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third party application containing, or advertise or otherwise market alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on LC without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow all applicable laws.
- You will not use LC to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of LC, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms.
Registration and Account Security
You agree to the following when registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on LC, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will not use LC if you are under 13.
- You will not use LC if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on LC that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on LC if we believe that it violates these Terms.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on LC.
Protecting Your Rights
- If you have a good faith belief that the LC website contains Content that infringes upon a copyright that you own, you may file a Notification of Claimed Infringement with our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) agent here or as follows: Attn: Copyright Agent, Liberty Central, Inc., 12587 Fair Lakes Circle, Suite 331, Fairfax, VA 22033. Our Copyright Agent can also be reached at (703) 691-2012.
- For an effective DMCA claim, communication to our DMCA agent must contain the following information:
- Digitized or physical signature of the copyright owner, or someone authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Description of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed;
- Description of the materials claimed to be infringing with such detail that LC can easily identify the claimed infringing material;
- Claimant’s name, address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address
- Statement of the Claimant’s good faith belief that the material being used in a way that is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- Statement of the accuracy of the information contained in the claim and, under penalty of law, the Claimant’s authority to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on LC within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on LC (such as advertising or payments).
- By ” LC ” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.libertycentral.org and any other LC branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; and (c) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By “us,” “we” and “our” we mean Liberty Central.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services that enable applications, developers, operators or services, including Connect and RSS feeds, to retrieve data from LC or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
- By “content” we mean anything you post on LC that would not be included in the definition of “information.”
- By “data” we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from LC or provide to LC through Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on LC or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application).
- By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “active registered user” we mean a user who has logged into LC at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By “application” we mean any application or website (including Connect sites) that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives data.
Liberty Central does not necessarily support or endorse any comments posted on this website. Anyone believing any comments, blogs, or other contributions to be inappropriate may flag those comments for further review. Content not consistent with these Terms or our Submissions Policy may be removed by LC.
If you violate the letter or spirit of these Terms, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of LC to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (“claim”) you have with us arising out of or relating to these Terms or LC exclusively in a state or federal court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia will govern these Terms, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on LC, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- WE TRY TO KEEP LC UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING LC “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT LC WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. LC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR LC, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OR LC WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, LC’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between the parties regarding LC, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in these Terms shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- These Terms does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact LC here.